Wednesday, July 29, 2009

"Let the good times roll!"

Since Lily was about 6 months old, I've been taking her to ECFE (Early Childhood Family Education) classes through our school district. They are fabulous! We play, sing, do crafts and chat with other moms (and sometimes dads!) with kids the same age as Lily. We also recognize it is straight up dorky. There are several of us moms that decided we would get together at each other's homes this summer, rather then take the 4 week summer class session. It has been a lot of fun- we talk, have some treats, and get to be a bit more laid back. And yet, we still like to be big nerds and sing together. We feel that the fact that we recognize our dorkiness makes it all okay. I figure it is only the beginning when it comes to ways I will embarrass Lily in her life. She's in trouble- I don't embarrass easily.

"Ring around the Rosie" is a favorite.

Parachute fun! I also highly encourage investing in a parachute- only fun in groups though.Lily wants just her and I to play with it sometimes and it's similar to folding sheets by yourself.

A few nights back Auntie Beth and Uncle Hector swung by- at 9:45. Lily was happy to play until 11PM when they left. Hector and I discussed Angels & Demons, an excellent read I just finished at Hector's suggestion, and Beth and Lily were able to enjoy some time coloring and solidifying their best friend status. We're going on vacation this weekend with my family, and I'm sure Lily will have a new favorite auntie (or uncle) each day.

BFFs



This week pool time was brought to us by the lady Carmie. We were able to head over to her pool for an afternoon of swimming fun. The clouds came and went, but the water was warm. Each day we attempt to either visit a pool or a park- often both. Summer rules!


Lily and Anna

Lily, Anna, Sam & Keegan. Don't worry, Sam can touch...just barely.


One evening Bjorn was blowing bubble for Lily and Anna, and it was amazing! I'm not a good enough photographer to capture how cool all those bubbles looked, but it was incredible. These are some of my favorite moments- just hanging around together in the driveway or yard. Hopefully our kids will feel the same way.

Bjorn was a regular bubble machine!

The girls attempting to pop the onslaught of bubbles.


I love the way a two year old looks at the world- magic!!

No comments:

Post a Comment